Kaplan - Biology

Started by Inferno300
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Inferno300

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there!

I just purchased Kaplan's to study for my upcoming PCAT in January. I was wondering - I know Kaplan has a pretty comprehensive guide when it comes to Biology. But is there anything that is critically missing from the Biology section?
Thanks.
 
I have the Kaplan 2010 book and I have found so many errors. Typos, wrong answers, forgetting to superscript an exponent, etc.

I seriously wonder how much I am taking in is actually wrong LOL!

I think the problem is Pearson keeps everyone in the dark about what the PCAT questions are that every service is simply guessing.
 
The bio section is pretty good but they are lacking in microbiology.
Yeah, I noticed this too. What general topics for microbio are covered on the PCAT? Is this something I should study for in great detail, or should I study microbio in terms of 'the big picture'? As well, what are the major topics for Biology on the PCAT? I'm assuming A&P, Genetics, maybe Evolution?