Kaplan Book and Bio

Started by Member529
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Member529

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I've read around the forums, the Kaplan book contains a lot of biology information, even more than we will probably be tested on. If I studied one chapter (or two) from the bio section each day until I finish all the chapters, do you think I would be more than prepared for the bio section of the PCAT?

Thanks.
 
From what I've read around the forums, the Kaplan book contains a lot of biology information, even more than we will probably be tested on. If I studied one chapter (or two) from the bio section each day until I finish all the chapters, do you think I would be more than prepared for the bio section of the PCAT?

Thanks.
I flipped through Kaplan for an hour and was like this is too much.. Stopped using it and used Dr Collins.
Kaplan is good of you didn't retain or learn much from undergrad bio. Otherwise it's too much info

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
 
I flipped through Kaplan for an hour and was like this is too much.. Stopped using it and used Dr Collins.
Kaplan is good of you didn't retain or learn much from undergrad bio. Otherwise it's too much info

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't taken bio 2, microbio, or genetics yet. Maybe I'm better off reading all the chapters.
 
From what I've read around the forums, the Kaplan book contains a lot of biology information, even more than we will probably be tested on. If I studied one chapter (or two) from the bio section each day until I finish all the chapters, do you think I would be more than prepared for the bio section of the PCAT?

Thanks.


So what is exactly Kaplan's big book for Biology? Is it the Biology for MCAT?
 
So what is exactly Kaplan's big book for Biology? Is it the Biology for MCAT?

I'm not sure which Kaplan book the other users on here have been talking about, but I'm using the regular Kaplan PCAT book. It contains 12 biology chapters, which I just finished today.

There was very little microbio information, so I'm not sure if this is the book everyone has been mentioning as being loaded with too much information, but it seemed to have covered almost everything else pretty well.