Kaplan Course

Started by anewton
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anewton

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone taken the Kaplan in-class course. I have been reviewing the book and I am considering taking the course.

Do you really go over things in class or do you review in class and you have to read at home.

Is it worth the $1300.

Thanks
 
I can't say much based on personal experience but based on the advice that I got from close friends who have taken the course in class... none of them have said that it was worth the $1300.

But I guess it would also depend on how long it has been since you have taken your sciences. If it's fairly recent, I think just buying the book along with a few other practice sources such as Collins or Pearson Practice tests which doesn't even amount to even 1/3 of what Kaplan costs is MUCH more beneficial. If you feel that you really need to sit through a class and have someone teach you the stuff, then maybe it's worth it.
 
Personally, I have taken one before...I do not think it's worth a grand or more. Maybe $500 or less...because all of it you can study by buying the $40 (or less) Kaplan book and even use Dr Collins packet for only $300. Also, for science section (especially chemistry) I watched Chad's videos and he explain things very well and when I got them, they were free.

Along with the classroom setting from the course I guess the content and practice materials they provide you is a lot...but I believe you can find other alternatives which are cheaper than Kaplan. Look around, there are better materials to practice on, and you can always get help from friends or even teach yourself. I don't think Kaplan is worth the money.

Hope this helps