Kaplan MISTAKES!

Started by 217933
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2

217933

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys..

So has anyone noticed that the Kaplan PCAT 2008-2009 books has SEVERAL errors. Like I noticed the most in the quantitative ability portions. Like if the number is supposed to be -1 it says 41. I just simply replaced any "-" signs with a four and I noticed that in at least three questions in the math portion of the final exam. And all throughout the book there are several errors. There are mistakes in some of the steps for the math and a lot of grammatical errors even in the questions or when they are explaining things. Its just annoying as if they didn't even edit the book before publishing it...
 
Yea I noticed that too. At first I just thought I was doing it wrong, but after I found my 5th error I started getting suspicious. Wonder if this falls under their money-back-guarantee...
 
in addition to the mistakes in the math section, i also found a mistake in the chemistry section, where it asked for the geometric shape of something and the answer was trigonal bipyramidal, when i think the answer should be trigonal pyramidal. This is in the learning section and not the practice test itself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
in addition to the mistakes in the math section, i also found a mistake in the chemistry section, where it asked for the geometric shape of something and the answer was trigonal bipyramidal, when i think the answer should be trigonal pyramidal. This is in the learning section and not the practice test itself.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. The negatives and 4s really threw me for a loop too.