kwestawn

Started by DeltronZ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DeltronZ

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So all of you guys now who are writing of the fierceness of exams and pressures and whatnot, would you do it again?

I am just trying to gauge the "quality of life" if you know what i mean. Do you wake, study, sleep. Obviously there is more studying around exams and whatnot but I just want an Idea
 
I just study the night before, or sometimes the day of, if its not a MAJOR exam. Dental school is not "that" bad, but you do have to be a little committed. I am just a first year but here we try and get all the boring and hard junk done first!!!! Just my 2 cents.
 
In a heartbeat.

I know i have a long way to go in school... but at the same time, if i weren't in dental school right now, my life would probably stink even more... crappy job... the kind of dead-end gig you get with a B.S... etc.

Setting up a strong social network is essential. I'm not saying you'll go out more than once or twice a week (well, there are people in my class who do.... personal decisions, i guess), but those friends will be there to go through the 10 hr. days in the pre-clinic lab, gross anatomy lab... etc with you. Your non-dental school friends can only understand so much.

There's room for more than just "wake, study, sleep." It's all a time-management game. After all, you have to fit in laundry, dishes and watering the houseplants somewhere :laugh:

best of luck!:clap: