Late application chances, please help

Started by Looking120
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Looking120

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just putting in my applications to Northwestern, Scripps, Mills, Goucher, etc. and I know this is late but I'm still curious as to my chances of getting in to a post-bac program.

A little info about me first:
- Senior math major at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign - 3.28 GPA
- High school ACT score - 33 composite
- good letters of rec, essay, etc.

Any questions and I will happily answer them, I'll be checking the forum obsessively.

With my late application date do I have a chance of getting into any of the aforementioned programs?
 
None of us can say for sure if you have a chance or not.

I don't know much at all about Northwestern or Mills, but with your GPA you certainly didn't help your chances by applying this late. The average GPA for Goucher/Scripps is around a 3.6-3.7 as far as any of us can tell, meaning (most likely) that the people that fall at or below the average have a much better chance of getting in if they apply early.

Good luck
 
I am just putting in my applications to Northwestern, Scripps, Mills, Goucher, etc. and I know this is late but I'm still curious as to my chances of getting in to a post-bac program.

A little info about me first:
- Senior math major at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign - 3.28 GPA
- High school ACT score - 33 composite
- good letters of rec, essay, etc.

Any questions and I will happily answer them, I'll be checking the forum obsessively.

With my late application date do I have a chance of getting into any of the aforementioned programs?

I'd say slim to none at Goucher and Mills would be a challenge -- don't know about Northwestern or the 'etc' to which you refer. Most top programs are pretty full now and will save a few spots for only the most unquestionably qualified candidates.