LECOM's Post-Bac Program for PharmD

Started by ADN1226
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ADN1226

Class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if anything has been posted about this (I checked but couldnt find anything)

But LECOM has this 8month post-bacc program geared towards pharmacy/ pharmaceutical sciences to help improve the student's credentials for the PharmD program.

I'd like to know if anyone has done this - what did you think of it? The course load includes gen chem, genetics, microbio, biochem, mol bio -WHY?!?!? (all of which I've taken) -was it helpful for pharm school?


And if theres other post-bacc programs like this feel free to give info =)

Thanks!
 
Don't waste your money on this program. It is totally wasteful.
You better get a master or something better.
Last year, Lecom only accepted 2 students from this program for the pharm program. This year, only 1 got in.
You can take those undergrate courses anywhere.
 
Hmm... thats interesting. Is the advisor lying to me?!??!? I emailed the advisor and she suggested to look into this program - so I asked her whats the rate of students from this program getting accepted - and she said ALL of them got into LECOM's pharmD since they all had at least a 3.0...

And she said the classes I took already : gen chem, genetics, microbio, mol bio & biochem can be override.

Please give me more info - anyone???