Let's Get This Party Started...

Started by loo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

loo

Always Sleepy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay, 'bout time we had our own forum! :clap:

Ok, for those who have been accepted or have already applied...please feel free to post your stats!
1. Overall GPA
2. Science GPA
3. GRE scores
3. Vet School(s) applied to
4. Undergrad degree or grad degree, if applicable
5. Vet experience
6. Do you want to specialize?


Looking forward to your replies!!!

loo
 
Here's mine:
1. Overall GPA - 3.5

2. Science GPA - 3.7

3. GRE scores - V610, Q710, A(5.5 - I just took it in Jan and had the weird essay format)

3. Vet School(s) applied to:
CSU (my first choice), OSU, WSU, ISU, UMinn, Wisconsin, Tufts

4. Undergrad degree or grad degree, if applicable
Political Science (hah! i'm a career changer)

5. Vet experience
Do you mean hours here? I have about 200 hours experience in a shelter, 300 hours in a small animal vet hospital and clinic, and some limited equine experience.

6. Do you want to specialize?
I'd love to, but we'll see how I feel after being in school for another four years. I'm old, see. But for track I'm leaning toward small animal, though I am not ruling out equine

And you? 🙂
 
1. Overall GPA- 3.55 (undergrad.) 3.73 (grad.)

2. Science GPA- 3.6 (undergrad.) 3.73 (grad.)

3. GRE V580 Q650 A760

4. Vet Schools applied to: CSU, Purdue, Wisconsin, Univ. of Penn

5. Undergraduate Biology (BS), Graduate Molecular Genetics (MS)

6. Vet Experience
Technically none in a vet clinic although I have well over 5000+ hours performing animal related research on amphibians, reptiles, bats, zebra mussels, rats on four different projects. Plus about 100 hours in a rabbit sanctuary.

7. Do you want to specialize?
Probably in surgery
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm..here goes!

1. 3.16 (undergrad), 3.62 (grad)

2. 2.75 (undergrad-yikes!), 3.62 (grad)

3. V610 Q630 A610

4. Cornell, Tufts, Virginia-Maryland Regional, Penn, U of Glasgow(Scotland), Royal Veterinary College (London), and University College Dublin (Ireland).

5. Undergraduate-(BS) Pharmacy, graduate-(MS)Pathology

6. >8000 hours small animal, >2000 hours large animal, >1000 hours exotics (zoo).

7. Clinical Pathology or LA practice (cows are the best!)
 
This is magnificent and a thing of beauty.

I may have to get the title of this thread tattooed on my collar bone.

latest