Letter from Work Supervisor

Started by DogMama
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DogMama

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone here a re-applicant who works full time outside of the medical profession? If so, are you using a letter from a supervisor at your work?

Any advice from people reading who have had success doing this, or not?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I used a work letter for my nonscience letter when I applied since I had been out of college for ten years already. There was no school where this was an issue. I am not sure how they would feel about you trying to substitute a science letter with a work letter. In either case, I suggest you contact the schools where you are planning to apply, explain your situation to them, and make sure they are willing to accept your work letter as a substitute. Best of luck to you. 🙂
 
Have strong LORs from your science professors and there should be no problem. Speak with your boss/supervisor and let them know what the letter is about. REmember, your science letters will talk about your ability as a student to excel in a medical school curriculum. An employer letter should address your work ethic, professionalism and all the external characteristics that make you a strong applicant. Unless your boss is a physician, he should not say that you'd make a good doctor.