Links to pertinent threads elsewhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MoosePilot

Y Bombardier
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I originally found these to point out that it would be nice to have a forum for non-trads. Now that we have the forum, they're a start for people to look at some questions others had.

Military member looking for schools that fit his academic background
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=5193

Non-trad asking about required LORs
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=138533

PharmD student looking to apply to med school
http://forums.drslounge.com/showthread.php?postid=1952778#poststop

IT professional looking to apply
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...ght=traditional

Non-trad w/high MCAT but low GPA (not reapplicant)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...ght=traditional

Post Doc student asking her boss for a recommendation
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...ght=traditional
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please fix the ending sho...ght=traditional or at least tell me how to get to the threads?

Thanks
Fred
 
r_salis said:
Hey Moose, if you clean up those links, I'll make this thread a sticky. 🙂

Well, I can't figure out how to get the forum to stop inserting ellipses if the address is too long. Any hints from the mod types? :laugh:
 
MoosePilot said:
Well, I can't figure out how to get the forum to stop inserting ellipses if the address is too long. Any hints from the mod types? :laugh:
😀 Try pasting the links directly into your post between url tags: {url}http://forums.studentdoctor.net/blahblah{/url}, where the {}'s are []'s.
 
r_salis said:
😀 Try pasting the links directly into your post between url tags: {url}http://forums.studentdoctor.net/blahblah{/url}, where the {}'s are []'s.

That's what I do, but if it takes up more than one line, the forum automatically inserts ellipses.
 
r_salis said:
Are you using the "hyperlink" button, or typing it in yourself? If you do it by hand, you should be able to put in a humongo url link, like-a this:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1894&e=1&u=/ap/20041117/ap_on_sc/hypersonic_jet

(The link text has ellipses in it, but the link itself goes to the right place.)

I did it two ways. I highlighted the previous text and replaced it with the address for the link (which I thought would be the same as doing it by hand) and I just pasted the link into the text of the message with automatically parse links selected, thinking that might work. Both ways inserted ellipses.