List of statuses on app

Started by avi670
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

avi670

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the usual progression of statuses for schools is on the AADSAS app? For example it goes from "In progess" to "Complete" and then what? Is it different for every school? I just like to be on top of things...
 
Every school does it differently, some won't update it at all after showing complete or received. Don't judge where you stand based on AADSAS status, it's more or less irrelevant after it's changed to complete or received. I remember most schools didn't update it even after extending interview invites last cycle, I had application complete from September to March last year for half of my schools. Schools that make you an offer after Dec. 1st I think are obligated to put "Offer Made" and then if you place a deposit, it will switch to "Offer Accepted". My advice: check AADSAS a few times a week and don't place much weight on the statuses. I made the mistake of checking it multiple times a day; that only increased my anxiety. The vast majority of schools will update applicants on status via email rather AADSAS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Each school varies. Some never change your status even after interviewing. Nothing to lose sleep over at all.
 
Every school does it differently, some won't update it at all after showing complete or received. Don't judge where you stand based on AADSAS status, it's more or less irrelevant after it's changed to complete or received. I remember most schools didn't update it even after extending interview invites last cycle, I had application complete from September to March last year for half of my schools. Schools that make you an offer after Dec. 1st I think are obligated to put "Offer Made" and then if you place a deposit, it will switch to "Offer Accepted". My advice: check AADSAS a few times a week and don't place much weight on the statuses. I made the mistake of checking it multiple times a day; that only increased my anxiety. The vast majority of schools will update applicants on status via email rather AADSAS.
ok thanks! Would you say that it would be better to contact the schools individually to ask for the status then?
 
It's still very early in this process. No need to contact anybody yet.
Yes, I should have clarified, it's early to start pestering schools with this sort of thing. It will be more appropriate to ask these questions starting in September. Many adcoms haven't started to meet regarding interview invites and won't until August, so no point in getting anxious. If a school needs something from you (in the case of an incomplete application), they will reach out to you.