LIU Transfer question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmDKid89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are a LIU student, but are at a different campus and are transferring to the pharm school in brooklyn. Do they still consider you a transfer, and thus you need a really high gpa just to get in. I thought it only applies to kids who are transferring from other schools besides LIU. I hope it's not the case. I'm worried.
 
I am a LIU pre pharm major, so I guess it doesn't apply (thank god). Thanks though, and also I heard from someone on this forum that LIU has 20 transfer slots. who knows?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why doesn't it show the transfer amount on pharmcas? I remember hearing that LIU doesnt give preference anymore to LIU students. prepharm students will transfers for P3 seats
 
why doesn't it show the transfer amount on pharmcas? I remember hearing that LIU doesnt give preference anymore to LIU students. prepharm students will transfers for P3 seats

They don't give "real preference" to LIU students anymore. I applied to LIU for the 2007 and 2008 Entering Class. 2007, even though I had the 3.0, I couldn't complete the pre-requisites in time so I decided to wait it out another year, re-take some prerequisites.

I assumed that doing that would have put me over the top and granted me automatic entrance. But then they switched to PharmCAS and everything changed.