Locuming as a Fellow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clarity3892

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m looking to do a fellowship after residency and I was wondering if fellows moonlight outside of their institution and how common that was given the increased demand for radiologists these days? I’m thinking 2-4 weekend shifts a month to help offset cost of living expenses. Are there groups who try to find people to fill weekend/night slots that fellows would qualify for? I assume you would need to confirmation by the program director that this is okay also. Most of the fellows in my department are either IMGs and on visas, or fellows who have no interest in moonlighting.

Thanks!