• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Logan airport to BWH

gastro

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have a BWH interview that starts at 7:30. However, the flight arrives at 6:37. Does anybody know what's best way to beat the morning commute and to get there on time? By the "T" or cab? Or I have to arrive a day earlier? Thanks in advance.

Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
Between Michigan & Massachusetts
  1. Medical Student
Getting there the day before is obviously the EASIEST thing to do, but a cab is probably the fastest way to get to the hospital on time. For the T, you have to take the shuttle bus to the T, then get on the T, transfer to another T, or walk.... that's why I think a cab is the easiest method. It may be early enough that traffic doesn't hurt to badly. Good luck.

About the Ads

Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
Between Michigan & Massachusetts
  1. Medical Student
I agree a cab is probably faster but just so you know, it's going to cost you around 35.00 dollars. At that early in the morning, the total drive time should be ~25 minutes.

You could be right but I think you are estimating high on the price (It's nearly that to get to the suburb I live in, 15 miles away!) and time (roads aren't usually terrible yet at that time). Still - it's reasonable to prepare for those numbers, just in case.

happyob

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
  1. Medical Student
Definately a cab is the quickest way, the T will take about 50 min to get to BWH and a cab depends on traffic. The cost is around 30 (plus tip).

I would say that you will probably be late if you fly the same day and weather conditions might not allow you to make it, remeber Murphy's law!!! If the interview is very important and it is a place you are really considering, I would say fly the night before and be safe.

Good luck!!

alreadylernd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2006
  1. Attending Physician
You could be right but I think you are estimating high on the price (It's nearly that to get to the suburb I live in, 15 miles away!) and time (roads aren't usually terrible yet at that time). Still - it's reasonable to prepare for those numbers, just in case.

I live right by BWH and I've paid 35 to go to the airport (albeit, traffic may have factored in, once in rush hour it cost me over 40 bucks). you have to cover the tolls to go through the tunnel too.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.