LOR from two Pharmacists, same Pharmacy

Started by mavi802
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mavi802

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I need some advice. I work as a tech at a pharmacy and there are two pharmacists that work there. Do you think it would be okay to ask for a letter of recommendation from both or should I just ask for one letter of recommendation from one of them?

I have a LOR from a science professor and science TA lined up already, but one of the schools I want to apply to is UCSD and they require 3 LOR's, and they do not accept letters from TA's.

Any advice would be great, thanks.
 
Two letters from the same place of business is a waste of time. What is one going to tell you that the other will not? Think about it.
 
Two letters from the same place of business is a waste of time. What is one going to tell you that the other will not? Think about it.
Yes. Don't get two LORs from two pharmacists, get one from a non-science professor if you can't find a science professor.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not a bad idea, just but may not be as good as having a letter from someone in another area.
 
I had 3 LOR's....all 3 from pharmacists in the same company, same store. I would say to only go that route if they know you better than, say, a professor or anyone else. At the time I applied, I didn't know any professors well enough to give them ample information about me to write a great LOR, so that's the route I took.

For what it's worth, I got into both schools I applied to, one of which is a top 10. Every situation is different and you should go with whoever can best attest to your strengths.