LOR from who?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm wondering who I should ask for LOR's if I'm applying for rads.

Should I stick with letters from IM/Surg/Core rotations?

Is a letter from a radiologist expected?

What about a research letter from an MD in another field?

What do you guys think?


BUMP and second this request.
Crap, I'm sure this is covered in a sticky somewhere...I'll go look....
 
I'm wondering who I should ask for LOR's if I'm applying for rads.

Should I stick with letters from IM/Surg/Core rotations?

Is a letter from a radiologist expected?

What about a research letter from an MD in another field?

What do you guys think?
----------------------------------

You should aim to get strong letters of recommendation from attendings who know you well. A letter from an attending with whom you worked on a research project sounds like a good idea . . . did you do any clinical work with this attending as well?

Most programs expect a total of 3 letters (I think ERAS allows up to 4). I'm not sure if a letter from a radiologist is required, but I had 2 letters from IM attendings and 1 from Radiology.

Best of luck with your application and interviews!