LOR situation

Started by pharm219
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm219

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

Do you guys know if pharmacy school will accept a LOR from a pharmacist who work in the field for 10 years but is not-licensed currently? I am closely working w/ a pharmacist (who is my work partner), he recently returns from another state and has to re-take the NAPLEX since it's 10 years ago. We work together at a clinic as a drug/pharmacy specialist so he is not my direct supervisor. I am tempting to ask him and my boss, who is the clinic director and a nurse practitioner to co-sign a LOR. Although he will be taking the test, I can not be sure if this will happen before the 2012 app cycle....any thoughts or suggestion?

Here's my other LOR resource:
1. pharmacology professor
2. physiology professor and I TA for him for a semester after I took his class
3. pharmacy manager whom I work there for 2 years

I think his and my current boss' co-sign LOR will really speak to my passion in the field of pharmacy b/c I do a lot of medicare part D, med rec, help the uninsured patients(which relates to my family background)...etc I just don't know if he will be counted as my "co-worker"....

Thanks for your input.