Love letters to Programs

Started by chaseface
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chaseface

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So all my thank you cards are sent... I haven't heard anything from my top choices except for the standard thanks for coming have a great day email.
I really, really have my heart set on my #1 and #2 programs and want to email a love letter to the PD, but I'm not exactly sure what is appropriate to say. Any advice?
Thanks
 
Diamonds. Nothing says I love you like that, and nothing less than a 1 carat center stone will do :laugh:

In all seriousness, send thank you cards to your interviewers, the program coordinator, the PD and chairman/woman. Point out specifics that you liked about them and the program. You can also throw in that they are "among your top choices" or "I would love to be a resident here". I know there was another thread discussing the issue of placing their rank in your correspondence, so I'll defer to that, but I personally wouldn't (and didn't) do anything other than what I mentioned above.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Love letters don't work....

A short note stating that you would be honored to train at that program, with a 1-2 sentence statement of why the program is a good fit for you might.

Most programs interview 50+ people for a few spots. Everybody has a haircut, wear's black suits, and is "so excited to interview" there. Getting your name in quickly one last time can't hurt. Programs like to know that they are wanted.


With that said, I do not recommend interviewing in the midst of growing a beard or pony tail, and trying out that raccoon coat from Burlington coat factory.
 
Ok so I won't call them love letters...just want letters,
and the gist of the content will just be me stating I want you to want me...I need you to need me...I'd Love you to love me. 😛
oh and I think me+your program= perfect fit
Sending these out ASAP...without diamonds and czs, they don't fit in emails.
AHH is it March 14th yet??!!!?? I can't do this anymore!