Low GPA, next step for PT School in the future?

Started by bigK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bigK

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
I have a low Undergrad GPA (<2.5), I was working full-time, switching majors and being a screw ball. I ended up with a BS in Kinesiology. I have read of different strategies to overcome this. Just hoping for some advice/input.

My last 60 credits would put me up over a 3.0 but my first year and a half is destroying my GPA. I am willing to retake these courses but they are completely irrelevant. (ie. Calculus III, Engineering, Programming courses, etc)

Should I retake my PreReq courses that I received C's in? Look into going into Graduate school in a field to "prove my ability"(if I could get in)? I have even considered trying to go to Europe for a PT Degree (I'm an EU Citizen)

Any advice on overcoming this hurdle I've built for myself will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
 
take the classes over or kill them with your interviews. American's dig European accents so that might help. It will be an uphill struggle but improving your application will help. Nail the GRE, offer contrition whenever you can. Include your mistakes in any essays you have to write for schools, and at least start taking the bad classes over. Once you have your prerequisites done, interview and see what happens. You might get in before you have taken all of the bad classes a second time.