Low gpa, shadowing experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

strawberry24

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I will probably have a 3.2-3.3 gpa by the time I graduate. I have a lot of leadership experience at my university and very involved. Also president of pre-optometry and really have a strong passion for the career. However with my low gap, I am not sure I will get accepted.

What are my chances/ how can I become competitive?

I have not yet taken my OATs....
 
That's not a bad GPA. I've seen acceptances of lower GPAs. Your extracurricular activities will definitely help you, but do try and exceed in the OAT. A great OAT can buffer a low GPA and vice versa.