mail order

Started by arkgal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arkgal

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this area of pharmacy as I don't know much about it. What are the working conditions like? Lifestyle? Hours? Pay? Bennies? Thanks.
 
I've been working in a mail order pharmacy for a few months now as a pharmacy intern. So far, I have really enjoyed it. It is a brand new mail order pharmacy that just open in July (I've been with them since it was just an empty building). The work conditions are great. We are open M-F 9-5:30pm and Sat 9-4. We have 2 pharmacists that work M-F and every other Sat. If they need time off during the week, its no problem, because we don't really need them both here. I don't know how much they are paid or what benefits they have. I do know that it's a great place to work though because we don't have actual customers in front of us. So if we want to take a break we can. If we want to have lunch we can. We just have to make sure the phones are being answered.

I don't know if I would want to do this when I get out of school. I'm more interested in Hospital/Academic work, but Mail Order is definately higher on my list than retail is.

I'm not sure if that was what you were looking for, but I hope it help you. Let me know if you have any other questions.