M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted802724

i

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
if an applicant was doing research on marijuana, would adcoms automatically look at you as a stoner? Or do you think they will find it interesting? I mean if an undergrad is so enthusiastic about marijuana, wouldnt it go both ways?
If you're working under a PI, I don't see how that demonstrates that you're "so enthusiastic" about marijuana. A lot of people do research into topics without being obsessed.

Reactions: 1 user
There are many undergrads that work in labs that study alcohol, opiates, or other drugs. I don't imagine an adcom would look at someone studying the neural circuitry involved in alcohol seeking behavior in animal models and think, "well I guess this kid partied hard."
I imagine it'd be the same case for marijuana as long as your research was legitimate and you don't walk in wearing tie-dye

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
if an applicant was doing research on marijuana, would adcoms automatically look at you as a stoner? Or do you think they will find it interesting? I mean if an undergrad is so enthusiastic about marijuana, wouldnt it go both ways?
Entirely dependent on whether "research" is a euphemism.

Reactions: 7 users
If it's legitimate research funded by some legitimate funding body and passed by the IRB and you can speak intelligently about the research (not "Oh, I got to do pot research and it was soooooo cool, brah"), it's still research. Don't be immature about it and you'll be fine. Some neuroscience labs use cocaine on rats to study addiction and such. Oh, and as long as the drug is legally obtained - you need a DEA access code to order any controlled substance.

+5 pts to your LizzyM for any school in Colorado

Reactions: 1 users
Is it pharmacological research in which you are the subject?

If its legitimate research it will be fine. Just to be safe, don't look or talk like a stoner when you interview.

If its legitimate research it will be fine. Just to be safe, don't look or talk like a stoner when you interview.
Probably good advice even if you're not doing marijuana research.

Who cares bro, live free smoke weed

disclaimer: I dont do any marijuana research - it was just a thought!