Married dental students

Started by pookiepie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pookiepie

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I should post this in the 'spouses' forum, but Im afraid that area doesn't get as much action..

anyhow, Im applying to dental schools for fall '04. My hubby has taken a new job that will force us to relocate within the next 6 months. We won't know where we're going until 1 month before we are supposed to move!!!! I feel as if Im going to have to apply to 10 or 15 schools in order to be somewhere near my husband. IF I don't get into one that's near him I'm thinkin' we'll have to live apart!

Has anyone lived in a separate state from their spouse while going to dental school? was it HE!!?
 
Well...I hope this makes you feel at least a little better.

I am not in dental school yet - I'm applying for 04 as well, but throughout my 2-3 years as a Masters student, my fiance/wife in 3 weeks has lived in another hemisphere half a world away in South Africa. That's tough!!

She is moving here and leaving her family in SA while I go to dental school.