Masters vs PharmD vs PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SpidersGeorgina

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished my first year of my undergrad studies at a 4 year university. I plan to get a BS in Chemistry (concentration in biochemistry) before applying to pharmacy school. However, I have been reading on this site that retail and clinical pharmacy jobs are really hard to come by these days, which is of course slightly off-putting. So now I am considering going into research. I'm still not sure whether I would rather opt for clinical pharmacy or research, but if I chose the research path, would a masters degree (in, say, medicinal chemistry) be enough? I would be okay with being part of a research team instead of being a leading independent researcher who designs all of the studies and such. The idea of trying to earn a PhD is just very intimidating to me. Thank you!
 
Last edited: