math question

Started by Qarmonist
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how many 5 digit zip codes can there be if none start with the digit zero?
 
Qarmonist said:
how many 5 digit zip codes can there be if none start with the digit zero?

Qarmonist-

I believe this is the correct answer to your question (I hope, hahaha). Since a zip code has five characters/spaces and you have nine numbers (1-9) to choose from for the first space and ten numbers (0-9) to choose from for the remaining four spaces the number of possible zip codes should be 9*10*10*10*10 = 90,000. Hope that helps =)

-Jae-
 
jaerob said:
Qarmonist-

I believe this is the correct answer to your question (I hope, hahaha). Since a zip code has five characters/spaces and you have nine numbers (1-9) to choose from for the first space and ten numbers (0-9) to choose from for the remaining four spaces the number of possible zip codes should be 9*10*10*10*10 = 90,000. Hope that helps =)

-Jae-

That is correct.