MCPHS-Worcester Interview Question

Started by KB830
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KB830

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be finishing up my PharmCAS application within the next week or so, and then hopefully finishing the supplemental application shortly afterwards.

I'd hate to sound cocky (because I'm actually quite humble) but it is extremely unlikely that I will not get accepted. My criteria is as follows:

- 3.93 GPA over 91 credits in 2 years (A's in Gen Bio I, Gen Chem I&II, Orgo I&II, Phy I&II, A&P I&II, CellBio, Molecular, Calc, and all cores; B+ in Gen Bio II and Micro)
- Will graduate in 3 years with a Biology degree
- Pharmacy Tech (retail) since 11/08, hopefully volunteering in a hospital by mid/end July
- Active within numerous school clubs

Now, here is my question. Is it likely that they will wait until after the Fall semester to offer me an interview? I am thinking that this is a possibility, since I didn't complete ALL the prerequisites. However, at the same time, I did finish all the science prerequisites. I guess I'm just being a little impatient here. Any insight? 🙂
 
No, the acceptance and finishing pre-reqs are two completely different things. MCPHS Worcester doesn't give two craps as to your pre-reqs as long as you can finish them on time. During the interview, they will go over what pre-reqs you still need and just tell you to finish them.

You're a big boy (or girl) now and they trust you to finish the pre-reqs before attending. Most likely they will invite you for an interview in October and admit you soon after as long as you finish pre-reqs.

Check out interview questions here: http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/mcphs

Good luck!