-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MD/MBA Match Results
Started by DrBowtie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was just curious since most match lists don't list MD/PhD, MD/MBA's and such.
O
ortho-mdmba
BrettBatchelor said:I was just curious since most match lists don't list MD/PhD, MD/MBA's and such.
Penn MD/MBA Class of 2004 (some did not go for residency)
Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Orthopaedics, Combined Residency Program Harvard Orthopedics, Boston, MA
Internal Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Penn MD/MBA Class of 2005 (some did not go for residency)
Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Womens
Internal Medicine, HUP
Ophthalmology, Tulane
Yale
http://mba.yale.edu/mdmba/residency.shtml
that's all i know
Hope this helps. For the Sherlock Holmes guys out there, the ortho guy in 04 is not me... i graduate this year... as I opted to do the full 2 years of the MBA.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you very much. Those are some pretty nice matches as well. Good Luck in Ortho and stop by more often to answer some threads with your knowledge.
Texas Tech MD/MBA Class of 2005
Pediatrics, Texas Tech SOM : Lubbock, TX
Anesthesiology, Jackson Memorial Hospital : Miami, FL
Internal Medicine, Scott and White : Temple, TX
OB/Gyn, Mayo Clinic : Rochester, MN
Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic : Scottsdale, AZ
Medicine Prelim, UT Southwestern : Dallas, TX
Orthopaedics, Texas Tech SOM : Lubbock, TX
Radiation Oncology, UT San Antonio: San Antonio, TX
ENT, Univ. of Oklahoma : Oklahoma City, OK
Ophthalmology, Univ. of Minnesota : Minneapolis, MN
Pediatrics, Texas Tech SOM : Lubbock, TX
Anesthesiology, Jackson Memorial Hospital : Miami, FL
Internal Medicine, Scott and White : Temple, TX
OB/Gyn, Mayo Clinic : Rochester, MN
Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic : Scottsdale, AZ
Medicine Prelim, UT Southwestern : Dallas, TX
Orthopaedics, Texas Tech SOM : Lubbock, TX
Radiation Oncology, UT San Antonio: San Antonio, TX
ENT, Univ. of Oklahoma : Oklahoma City, OK
Ophthalmology, Univ. of Minnesota : Minneapolis, MN
yeah, what we could use around here are some grown up, hotshot md mbasflindophile said:I think it would be more interesting to see where the MD/MBAs who chose not to do a residency went. In particular, are they doing anything that requires an MD?
I agree that the match list for the MBA/MDs is impressive; however, I am not sure what it tells us. I find it hard to believe an MBA was an advantage in getting a residency. At least the list shows that an MBA won't prevent you from getting a competitive residency.
I think it would be most useful to look at the career paths of MD/MBAs about 5 yrs post residency. I would be curious to whether MBA/MDs who elected not to do a residency take significantly different career paths compared to regular MBAs. I particularly be interested to see if MD/MBAs who complete residency end up using their MBAs in any significant way.
Shredder said:yeah, what we could use around here are some grown up, hotshot md mbas
Yes, but what's in it for them 🙄 .
helping people of course, isnt that the whole reason they went into medicineLaw2Doc said:Yes, but what's in it for them 🙄 .

If you got into medical school you are a hard worker.
I would say pro's are greater leadership and management skills and a better understanding of the "system". Neg's are people think you are too interested in money.
BTW, I will be posting my (hopefully) comprehensive MD/MBA program list sometime during this weekend.
Also any more matches known? I might try and contact some programs to get this info.
I would say pro's are greater leadership and management skills and a better understanding of the "system". Neg's are people think you are too interested in money.
BTW, I will be posting my (hopefully) comprehensive MD/MBA program list sometime during this weekend.
Also any more matches known? I might try and contact some programs to get this info.
hmm, but doesnt aamc already have one?BrettBatchelor said:comprehensive MD/MBA program list sometime during this weekend.
mine has admission timeline, curriculum timeline and website link. All updated.
civic4982 said:Texas Tech MD/MBA Class of 2005
Pediatrics, Texas Tech SOM : Lubbock, TX
Anesthesiology, Jackson Memorial Hospital : Miami, FL
Internal Medicine, Scott and White : Temple, TX
OB/Gyn, Mayo Clinic : Rochester, MN
Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic : Scottsdale, AZ
Medicine Prelim, UT Southwestern : Dallas, TX
Orthopaedics, Texas Tech SOM : Lubbock, TX
Radiation Oncology, UT San Antonio: San Antonio, TX
ENT, Univ. of Oklahoma : Oklahoma City, OK
Ophthalmology, Univ. of Minnesota : Minneapolis, MN
The 2004 MD/MBA class match results were not as spectacular.....
rrreagan said:The 2004 MD/MBA class match results were not as spectacular.....
really? do you know what they were by any chance?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
D
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 9K
D