Medical Dictionary

Started by DPT2013
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPT2013

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone recommend a specific Medical Dictionary for PT School/ when one is a practicing PT? (For instance, Taber's, Mosby's, Stedman's)
 
A therapist I work with gave me her old Tabers medical dictionary and I love it! It has an anatomy section as well with great pictures. Any medical dictionary would be helpful I'm sure!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've never used it for school per se, but I refer to Taber's often in my acute care setting clinicals. A little pocket size version of some dictionary may not be a bad idea if you're placed in acute either.