Meeting pre-req classes

Started by Cju101
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cju101

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you e-submit, and the admissions offices of the schools you are applying to look at your coursework and decide that you don't meet their pre-req requirements would they just automatically throw out your application and mail you a letter saying you were rejected. Or would they contiue to review your application, and if you got accepted tell you that their was a problem with the course requirements, and give you a chance to argue that you did meet the requirements?

I hope thats understandable, if not, Ill try and re word it.
 
If you e-submit, and the admissions offices of the schools you are applying to look at your coursework and decide that you don't meet their pre-req requirements would they just automatically throw out your application and mail you a letter saying you were rejected. Or would they contiue to review your application, and if you got accepted tell you that their was a problem with the course requirements, and give you a chance to argue that you did meet the requirements?

I hope thats understandable, if not, Ill try and re word it.

Call them if its close. If there is nothing close to a requirement of theirs (I.e they require immunology and you only took microbiology), then your application will be filed. In the nearest garbage can/recycling box.

Put it in your planned courses so they'll at least review your application.
 
I can't speak for all schools, but the ones I applied to had no problems with me not having completed all the prereqs before the application process was complete. I called OSU (Oregon) to clarify that Microorganisms (BIOL3??) met the upper-division microbiology requirement. Other than that, I just made sure any untaken prereq was listed on my planned course list. From there I had no problems. USC sent me a list of pre-reqs, noting which ones I had not yet completed (both before and after my acceptance.) This continued until all my pre-reqs were finished.
 
Well it also depends on the classes you have left to take. For example if you haven't completed a social science class or maybe one of you bio classes then the school just might be lenient with that. Now, if you haven't at least finished a class like organic chemistry I, then your chances of you application being looked are pretty low...unless, you have a really good GPA or PCAT score. Your best bet though, is to just give the school a call.