Microbio

Started by mistdiya
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mistdiya

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What type of microbiology questions do you guys see on the PCAT? or what all do i need to remember for micro bio section.. im really horrible in remembering all the disease and all the name of the bacteria and all stuff so please help
 
From what I've seen on the practice tests from Kaplan and Cliffs, Immunology and serology are big, and there are some questions I've run across asking about mycology. Some of the PharmDs I know say that in the tests of the past few years, there have been some odd-ball questions linking a specific organism to a shape, disease, gram+/-... but other than that nothing too overly specific.

I wouldn't spend time trying to memorize organisms with diseases, except for the most obvious and common. Concepts are best... At least that's the approach I'm taking.
 
The micro questions are not very specific, very general. If you have taken a microbiology course you should be fine looking over your notes. It is very unlikely that they would ask specific questions pertaining to an individual organism on the molecular level. You are far more likely to see something along the lines of "which of these organisms is a prokaryote?" or "which organism causes malaria?".