Mid-term grades

Started by BaciBella
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BaciBella

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone new to posting here.... I already have a Bachelors degree in computer engineering technology with a GPA of 3.08 around Jan of last year I applied to the school of my choice for Fall of 06 Class... and I was rejected so I contacted the school and they said in order to increase my chanes of going there I needed to take Biology Chemistry and Physics and Calculus 1(all courses I never took in college with the exception of Calc 1). In Calc 1 they must not have liked me grade seeing as they wanted me to retake it! However I wasn't able to squeeze it in. Thus far in the three courses I am taking I have 4.0. Is there any hope for me anywhere if I keep these grades up?? Right now I have made school my full time job seeing as I am taking 3 science with lab courses. Also I am attending a community college as the person I spoke to at the Pharmacy school which I applied to said there was no preference between taking them at a 2yr of 4 yr school...

I am new here so don't be too mean about my silly post!

joe
 
welcome 🙂

well, you are really low on the pre-pharmacy courses that are normally needed

chem 1 and 2
2 bio's... usually like a introductory bio and anatomy

you should already have physics and calc right? If your very recent in engineering, you should have up to like calc 3 (diffeq) done along with physics 2. If it has been more than 5 years, that might be why they are asking for more math/physics.

a 3.08 in engineering is about what i have in engr. Engineering is not easy, and that is a more than respectable gpa. Obviously your chances are based on motivation, apply to more than one... but after you finish the pre-pharmacy requirements and do some pharmacy tech work you should have much better chances You have a bachelors which looks good.
 
Well I left out a few detials I am trying to apply to a 0-6 school for one. I didn't actually have to take Physics at all for my major... beats me why considering its an engineering major.. in Calc I I earned a C in Calc II and A- and Diff Eq B+. The person whom I spoke with at the school said they can only look at Calc one when considering my application which I thought was silly, but I am going along with it. Thanks for responding