Minimums for schools...

Started by Dr.iz-n
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.iz-n

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I'm concerned about my QA score (41). I know schools probably have minimums for COMPOSITE SCORES, but what about for subsections? The rest of my scores are:

78 Verbal
85 Reading
81 Bio
73 Chem

COMPOSITE 77

That 41 worries me...Should I be worried and take again? I'm looking at UMKC, SIUE, STLCOP, and Creighton Distance to name a few midwest schools...
 
It completely depends on the school. Check out the pharmcas school pages. It lists the schools requirements for the pcat. If I had to throw out a random number I'd say less than half of schools have a minimum score req for subsections.
 
Some school will probably overlook your 41% in QA, but other schools focus on the sciences and QA. I would take it again. Did you do well in your math classes? That might help.
 
We'll have to see if I do well--take calculus I this summer starting May 26--July 31. I learned enough Calculus for the PCAT to answer basic questions like deriatives and stuff like that...So maybe I can do good in the class and demonstrate some proficiency...

Some school will probably overlook your 41% in QA, but other schools focus on the sciences and QA. I would take it again. Did you do well in your math classes? That might help.