Money for Post-Bac

Started by OlyUCLA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OlyUCLA

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice. I went to USC for undergrad but beed to make up my pre-reqs at a CC (yes, I know this is not the best option but I can't afford to take university classes, and USC will still write me a committee letter if I achieve a certain GPA) and also have sizable expenses including my car, rent, insurance, etc. I am going to finish all my pre-reqs between now and August and take the August MCAT. So I need a loan for school and living expenses for around 9 months. Does anyone know what kind of loan I can apply for? Are there any scholarships I can apply for? Where can I get the money?? I have been dreaming of going to med school since I graduated in 04, and I just cannot deny this anymore - but I need the money. My parents are not an option...

Any advice would be helpful. Thx so much!