MS-4 here: I selected this PD option while requesting a LoR from an IM PD, and he already uploaded the LoR. Will this be an issue or a red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StayHumble18

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1725679989130.png

Members don't see this ad.

The PD is very busy and it took about 2 reminders over 3 months to get him to upload this LoR. I am not sure if reaching out again to him will work. If i call ERAS do you think they could change it?

Agree, doesn;t matter at all
Thank you for commenting. I being a medical student should have noted that this option is for Residents/Fellows only. I wish ERAS would have put the parenthesis part in front, instead of it being at the very end.

This is confusing and should be removed. I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. When I first read that I figured it meant prospective residents/fellows…because why would fellows use ERAS…oh, super fellowship, but we assuming all medical students think that is asking a lot. I guarantee tons of M4s will mislabel that…some from not reading the parenthesis and others for reading them but thinking it means prospective resident (them)