MSU COM vs U of L (updated!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Which school?

  • MSU COM

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • U of L

    Votes: 19 79.2%

  • Total voters
    24

lunar_landing

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been accepted to MSU and Louisville. I’m interested in primary care, so going DO isn’t as big of a factor for match rates as it might be for other people. I can’t realistically tour either before orientation and I don’t know students at either who could give me an objective perspective on student life there. If you have thoughts on either school please share; I’m really torn between both as they seem pretty evenly matched in terms of programs I like, curriculum structure, and student services, so if anyone feels like there’s an obvious choice please lmk T-T

MSU:
Pros:
• MUCH cheaper; I’ve been offered a $30k/year scholarship
• study abroad opportunities
• well-respected DO school
Cons:
• far from home

U of L:
Pros:
• much closer to home plus tons of family in the city
• great curriculum for lgbtq patients
• MD school
Cons:
•Expensive OOS tuition
 
Last edited: