x

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the only issue at this point is you work for the same organization, then I think you should be good to see them. If you know, work with, or could work with the employee, that changes things. It gets more complicated the closer they get to you/your clinic (for instance, someone that does billing for your clinic specifically), but on the surface it doesn't seem like a major issue.

I have worked with many patients at various medical centers (VA and large private systems) who were also employees of said center. I had no idea who they were prior to our work and would not expect to cross paths with them in the course of my normal duties, so it was deemed fine.

That being said, I agree that this is worthy of some thought and perhaps proposing a case by case approach to your higher ups. It is hard to predict degrees of separation with employees and issues that may arise.

If the only issue at this point is you work for the same organization, then I think you should be good to see them. If you know, work with, or could work with the employee, that changes things. It gets more complicated the closer they get to you/your clinic (for instance, someone that does billing for your clinic specifically), but on the surface it doesn't seem like a major issue.

I have worked with many patients at various medical centers (VA and large private systems) who were also employees of said center. I had no idea who they were prior to our work and would not expect to cross paths with them in the course of my normal duties, so it was deemed fine.

That being said, I agree that this is worthy of some thought and perhaps proposing a case by case approach to your higher ups. It is hard to predict degrees of separation with employees and issues that may arise.

This is the way my current system approaches employee assistance services as well. They also limit the services to very short-term stabilization. Farming services out to the community was considered, but was ultimately decided against.

And in all instances, the match of provider and employee is done on a case-by-case basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.