MUSC or USC

Started by RyanRt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RyanRt

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to med school for the entering class of 2014. My goal is to go to a radiology residency. I live in SC and I would love to stay here. If I am fortunate enough to get accepted to both MUSC in Charleston and USC in Columbia, do you think attending one school over the other would make a difference in whether or not I get accepted into a radiology residency?

Obviously grades in med school and Step I scores being the biggest factor.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why anyone would want to live in Columbia is lost on me.

That being said, it shouldn't matter where you go to school.
 
Go to the place that you like the city more.

You will get surprised to see 3 years from now you are applying to ....