MUSC vs. Buffalo

Started by Kevin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kevin

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in a bit of a quandry and would love some thoughts on these two schools. In my opinion buffalo has much nicer facilities, more resources and seems like a stronger program. The draw for MUSC is that they are very focused on the student/faculty relationship and it is in Charleston. I am from NY originally but have been living in atlanta for the last 6 years. I love the weather in the south and the thought of going back north is not that appealing. The other thing is I want to give myself the best opportunity for post-graduate work if I decide I would like to do that. Would going to one school over the other make a difference in that regard? Also do you think it is poor judgement to choose a school based on weather and location as opposed to pure academics. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
 
Kevin, I think it would be poor judgement to pick a school over another one that you would be happier at, for whatever reason. While I wouldn't possess the expertise that some of the others here might on your post-grad question, I would think that as long as you can distinguish yourself from the other candidates, that is more important than the school you attend.

I am interested in MUSC & Buffalo, and will be applying to both in a couple of years. Do you mind if I ask about your DAT scores, gpa & sci. gpa? You could email if you'd like. Thanks & congrats.