My chances?

Started by angel987
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

angel987

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey world! I need some honest advice.

My OAT score is a 310, AA and TS. My GPA is 3.76.
I have a decent amount of extra curricular and will be starting research on an eye related research project. What are my chances of getting into optometry schools, like NECO, NOVA, etc?
 
Probably pretty good. If you apply to several schools, I would say your chances of being accepted somewhere are around 100%.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I think four or five is plenty. I applied to six, but I wanted to make sure I got in somewhere. Some schools are a little easier to get into than others.
 
I applied to 3. My top choice, a moderate, and then one of the newer schools as a back up. I was pretty financially constricted, so that was more than I could afford. I would say 4 or 5 with your stats would be more than necessary, but if you can afford it, go for it! More than that would probably be overkill though.
Ps, I got accepted at the first 2, so I cancelled the interview for the 3rd.