NBDE Passing Rates: WVU

Started by Mike Zeus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mike Zeus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed WVU regarding the "passing rate percentage of WVU dental students taking their NBDE I and NBDE II for the most recent years." According to the Office of Academic Affairs, by graduation, the NBDE I pass rate is 100% and 98% for the NBDE II. No specific years were given so I wonder what this information truly represents. Any ideas?
 
I'm a 3rd year student at WVU...last year (when my class took the NBDE 1) all of my class passed, except for 1, who decided to retake some classes and is now going to graduate a year later. I guess you could call that 100%. The year before, some people didn't take it seriously and there were more failures. I can't speak for the stats of the NBDE 2, but I have never heard about a lot of people failing (or anyone from my school failing, for that matter). There is mandatory board review for NBDE 2. Our NBDE 1 board review was optional.
Hope this helps!
 
I think all schools require you to pass NBDE Part 1 before you start 3rd year, so yes, every school has 100% NBDE 1 pass rate, haha. 🙂

I think a better question, like natty was saying, is how many passed the first time?