Step I Nbme and practice test correlation?

Started by Syfte3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Syfte3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 2 questions:

1. I'm wondering how to correlate the percentage score on the practice test at the prometric center with a 3 digit score? I looked on threads from previous years and everyone links this website "medfriends.org" but every time I click it it takes me to this "godaddy" website about domains so if that website doesn't work anymore what should I use?

2. For the nbmes they provide a score report that correlates your score with a real 3 digit score but I've also seen on sdn this popular chart that correlates the nbme, uworld, Kaplan and the 3 digit scores. The scores are different, the chart correlates to a lower score.So which one is better the nbme score report correlation or the chart?
 
1. Just don't try to. It's not worth it because there's no "official" or unofficial correlation; it's a waste of time & source of unneeded stress.
2. The score report prediction is most "accurate" because it's adjusted for the NBME form. The chart you're referencing was either made from a specific older NBME or a combination of older NBMEs, hence not as "accurate."

The only repeated theme from previous years is that most people score within a small range of the average predicted scores from NBMEs done within a few weeks of the exam. Try not to spend time thinking about other "correlations."
 
I don't know, the tests really didn't correlate for me to be quite honest, but perhaps that's because the last one I took was 3 weeks out and I switched over to UWSA after that.
 
I don't know, the tests really didn't correlate for me to be quite honest, but perhaps that's because the last one I took was 3 weeks out and I switched over to UWSA after that.

and also N=1. There are obviously exceptions, but most SDNers have reported correlation.