Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goinforpharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey what's up guys first post. I'm a biochemistry major at LIU going for pharmacy. Can I get in to a pharmacy school even though I'm not a pre-pharmacy major with a 3.9 GPA and a few months experience of being a pharmacy tech? I'm taking the PCAT in October. Please advise me as to which schools I should apply to that accept transfers and non pre-pharmacy majors with correct prerequisites. Thank you
 
Hey what's up guys first post. I'm a biochemistry major at LIU going for pharmacy. Can I get in to a pharmacy school even though I'm not a pre-pharmacy major with a 3.9 GPA and a few months experience of being a pharmacy tech? I'm taking the PCAT in October. Please advise me as to which schools I should apply to that accept transfers and non pre-pharmacy majors with correct prerequisites. Thank you

Um... yeah.

Just apply to all of them. You could have a degree in Underwater Basketweaving as long as you met the prereqs for whatever school you are applying to. Having a 3.9 is also not going to hurt. With that GPA as long as you get above 70%ish on your PCAT you should be able to get in wherever you want.
 
Doesn't matter what your major is, as was said, just get your prereqs done and have a good GPA in those classes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks a lot guys I'm just worried that LIU wouldn't look at my application as favorably as it would on that of a pre pharm however I do know several other students at LIU who are doing the same thing as me so I'm not alone in that respect. If anyone has any more advice I would be happy to hear it such as schools in or near New York that accept transfers.
 
LIU is crazy hard to get in as a non-prefarm, but it is possible. By all means try but also apply to other schools to increase your chances.
 
I believe that I have better stats than nearly all of the pre pharms there although i haven't taken the pcat yet I think I have a good chance at least of getting an interview