Need help with a school list/WAMC

DrRipStudwell

Jun 11, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hey guys, I unfortunately did not make it into dental school last year and am reapplying this year. I think I screwed up by applying October 30th, so hopefully this year goes a little better. I'm going to be applying first week that it opens up to maximize my chances.

State of residency: MI
    cGPA and sGPA: 3.35c and 3.2s
    DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/20/22
    Shadowing: Around 300 hours shadowing dentists
    Volunteering: Not too much volunteering, was a Red Cross member but did not do much with that and worked for a few political parties sparsely. Also helped in a few university conventions for kids.
    Research: 1000 hours between a cancer lab and a pysch/bio lab.
    Extracurricular: Currently working as a clinical research coordinator for my gap year.
    Honors: Half my undergrad tuition paid by scholarship. co-author of an abstract.

LOR Type: Last year I had 3 strong research professors, and a weak science teacher. I plan on changing one research with a dentist, however I also have a senator and a top ranked endocrinologist as potential letters. I'm unsure if it's worth adding them, any input would be great!

Undergrad: Wayne State
    Major: Biology
    Minority: Middle-Eastern/Lebanese, considered white but I put middle-eastern.
    State of Residence: Michigan
    Reapplicant: Yes
    Nontrad: No

Misc info: I feel like I've got decent overall stats, however my GPA is absolutely under what it should be. I started my first year with a 2.9 and kind of just averaged a 3.5 randomly until it went to where it is.

Current school list, fully willing to change. Any tips on this list would be great as I would love to get into anything at this point.
    Midwest
    Roseman
    Tufts
    University of Colorado
    Howard
    Meharry
    U of M Ann Arbor(dream school, super duper hopeful but doubtful here)
    Mercy(wait listed me)
    Kentucky
    Lake Eerie

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.