Need help with ORGO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

innocentsin

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey on the Kaplan PCAT Comprehensive Review 2006-2007,the Organic section is very weak. Is that all the concepts I would need to know for organic on the PCAT or is it better if I look over MCAT organic chemistry sections ? I took some practice exams and some the questions required me to know some indepth stuff.
.......thanks for the input
 
Yeah, the Kaplan organic section is not really that helpful for the PCAT, since it really only covers the basic of the basic. There were questions about organic reactions and some nomenclature on the June exam that the Kaplan book didn't cover. I haven't taken organic yet, but thankfully I looked over the organic chapter in my general chemistry textbook right before the exam so I wasn't completely screwed in the chem section (but I still ended up taking my fair share of "educated" guesses).

I'm not familiar with how much orgo the MCAT requires, but I'd say any other guide than Kaplan would be helpful for the orgo questions on the actual PCAT.
 
Hey, I suggest using the Exam Krackers Ochem review for the MCAT (author: Jonathan Orsay). It's made for the MCAT but it is basically everything you need to fortify your ochem. That and just keep practicing using your university textbook. For more full-length practice tests you can try out TopScore Pro from ScholarWare.