Need last minute help- submitting this week

Started by adavis23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So I am sending in my primary this week and would love some last minute advice on my list of schools- also any general advice, thoughts/concerns would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to my mdapps

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=17495

I like the list - no changes from my end. Make sure schools know your real undergrad GPA is better than 3.55 - this is often done thru the personal statement.
 
Do you think schools would like down upon this if I put it in my PS? Will they think that I am making excuses or something? I wanted to say something about it in my PS but I haven't yet because I was worried what impression it may give.




I like the list - no changes from my end. Make sure schools know your real undergrad GPA is better than 3.55 - this is often done thru the personal statement.
 
Do you think schools would like down upon this if I put it in my PS? Will they think that I am making excuses or something? I wanted to say something about it in my PS but I haven't yet because I was worried what impression it may give.

No. It sounds like you had a relatively sucky pre-undergrad college experience. Just write about the usual stuff, like how by the time you got into undergrad, you had matured a bit more, and was able to study harder. Basically, I am just saying to indicate you have an upward trend, assuming you have one.