Need some advice

Started by Ondle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ondle

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my third semester and I screwed up. I got 2 D's. One in my bio lab and another in Calc. Before this semester I had a 3.0. How much will this hurt my chances?

To be honest I do not want to retake calculus again. I hate math in general. I know that I can pass the lab for sure the second time. If I raise my GPA, but don't take calc will i still get into pharm school?
 
The schools I looked into all required calculus. I think you would have to re-take the course to even consider most pharmacy programs.
 
This is my third semester and I screwed up. I got 2 D's. One in my bio lab and another in Calc. Before this semester I had a 3.0. How much will this hurt my chances?

To be honest I do not want to retake calculus again. I hate math in general. I know that I can pass the lab for sure the second time. If I raise my GPA, but don't take calc will i still get into pharm school?

You must retake and raise your grades up cause the majority of schools have a cutoff grade of a C, no lower than that. Additionally, you have to get more than a 3.0 GPA in order to apply and compete with others.