Need some advices please!!

Started by 2change
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2change

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I am new here so take it easy on me please. I feeling frustrated and need some expert advices. Here is my situation. I live in California. I have a BS in Biological Sciences with a gpa of 2.85(pharmcas), I know it is very low. I have no experience due to the fact that I had a part time job, two kids under 5 and switch to pre-pharm during the middle of my undergrad career from liberal studies. Yes I know going to volunteer asap, found a place already. I had applied to several schools within the last two years, had only one interview and was put on the waiting list but didn't get accepted 🙁. The school was fairly new, has pre candiate status as of now. I do not want to wait around and want to make my next move. Should I go and get my master in some kind of field (any advice on a particular master field that will increases my chance of getting in please let me know) or volunteer and obtain my pharmacy tech certificate and work as a pharm tech for a few years to gain experience in the field before re-applying? Please help me out guys, I appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance.
 
Hi guys, I am new here so take it easy on me please. I feeling frustrated and need some expert advices. Here is my situation. I live in California. I have a BS in Biological Sciences with a gpa of 2.85(pharmcas), I know it is very low. I have no experience due to the fact that I had a part time job, two kids under 5 and switch to pre-pharm during the middle of my undergrad career from liberal studies. Yes I know going to volunteer asap, found a place already. I had applied to several schools within the last two years, had only one interview and was put on the waiting list but didn't get accepted 🙁. The school was fairly new, has pre candiate status as of now. I do not want to wait around and want to make my next move. Should I go and get my master in some kind of field (any advice on a particular master field that will increases my chance of getting in please let me know) or volunteer and obtain my pharmacy tech certificate and work as a pharm tech for a few years to gain experience in the field before re-applying? Please help me out guys, I appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance.

Retake prereqs, improve GPA (Prefer all As), more experiences in pharmacy, get leadership experience

If you are thinking of master degree, I suggest biochem (I am biased because I love biochem).
 
OP,

I'd advise you to peruse this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=890735

The OP here had a similar situation. I think that a Master's COULD be a viable option, but your GPA is rather low to get accepted into the program. Most schools require a GPA above 3.0 and they typically want some sort of research experience. It's not impossible, but I'd advise you to take pre-requisite classes to improve your GPA which will help you potentially gain acceptance to a MS program and it would assist your application to pharmacy school.

Since you're in CA, GPA is incredibly important, you have a long road ahead of you unless you are willing to go to school out of state and take the PCAT.

Good luck!