Need some opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pnoiboi88x

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there are a lot of posts about withdrawal from classes and auditing them. I currently have 4 withdrawals (3 audits and 1 WD). I'm currently taking Calc 2 right now and it seems to be hard. I'm kind of worried about getting a B in it. What is worse is that I have a 2 year gap between Calc 1 and Calc 2. If I plan on auditing this class, it will be my fifth one. Sadly these audits were scattered throughout my years in college (I got 2 more semesters left). I know why I withdrew/audit the class so I'll definitely explain my reason when I decide to apply.

I'd like to know how much damage will this cause to my transcript and chances getting in pharmacy school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting B's is okay. Did you get straight A's in your previous classes or something?
 
I remember a pharmacy school representative visiting my university telling us that lots of withdrawls may raise some flags with adcoms. They may believe/assume that perhaps you give up too quickly when your coursework becomes too difficult...that doesn't exactly show that you're ready to handle pharmacy school.

Of course if you have legit reasons why you drop it that's another story.

So yes as everyone has said before it's alright to get a B...especially in Calc II!