Negotiating an offer from chain pharmacy

Started by pharmy11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmy11

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, I was wondering has anyone successfully negotiated a salary once they have received an offer in the mail. I got an offer from Rite Aid but it was a bit lower than I expected; so if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it!
 
My experience with chains have been that most don't negotiate salary....they offer the same salary to all new grads (sometimes the same salary to all pharmacists in that area regardless of experience.) Chains may be more willing to negotiate benefits such as starting vacation time, waiving the waiting period for ins coverage, moving expenses, reimbursement for additional schooling/conferences/CE, and in the old days bonus amount. This negotiation is going to depend on how saturated the area you are working in is, and on the amount of experience you bring to the table. As a new grad, I don't think you would be able to negotiate for much, unless you are willing taking a job so awful that no one else wants to do it.

Then again, it never hurts to ask for more money, just don't take it personally if your future employer won't budge.
 
I think they cut their salaries for new grads. I got my offer letter and it was low 50s with only 30 hours weekly. I thought it was maybe because I asked for an offer, they are giving me the lowest possible. 😡😡
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they cut their salaries for new grads. I got my offer letter and it was low 50s with only 30 hours weekly. I thought it was maybe because I asked for an offer, they are giving me the lowest possible. 😡😡

50k per year or low 50 dollars per hour?? 😱
 
Hello everyone, I was wondering has anyone successfully negotiated a salary once they have received an offer in the mail. I got an offer from Rite Aid but it was a bit lower than I expected; so if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it!

What area area are u?
 
I am bad at negotiations. Both times I have been ofgered jobs I just accepted the offers as is.