New lab question

Started by andrek82
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andrek82

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm starting a new translational lab this summer after finally finishing fellowship. I'm not md/phd - I took a more circuitous route with masters, biotech, and a research oriented fellowship. Are there any resources that help folks figure out the hidden curriculum in lab setup, grant apps, etc? My biggest fear is not about the research. Rather, I worry that I'm going to miss out on opportunities because I don't know where to look or the best way to write an LOI or proposal. Any resources (or reassurance) is appreciated!
 
Hi, I'm starting a new translational lab this summer after finally finishing fellowship. I'm not md/phd - I took a more circuitous route with masters, biotech, and a research oriented fellowship. Are there any resources that help folks figure out the hidden curriculum in lab setup, grant apps, etc? My biggest fear is not about the research. Rather, I worry that I'm going to miss out on opportunities because I don't know where to look or the best way to write an LOI or proposal. Any resources (or reassurance) is appreciated!